Saturday, August 9, 2014

Grapevine hike in Saint George

Began the hike at the crack of dawn.













 Found a lizard on the trail and could have easily stepped on him. Is he dead or alive? We're weren't sure but after I gave him a gentle nudge, he ran off under a bush - clearly he was alive. The lizard might want to consider that sticking it's head under the dirt like that is not a very good hiding place.










 Now for the sunrise photo's. The one I thought best, I posted on my wall paper but there were other very good candidates and the decision wasn't easy.
















 A pose from Amy














 With the sun to our backs, Amy and I stop and pose for a shadow selfie. I took the photo while Amy waved.







 We meet a jogger on his way up the trail and also coming back. He was already down the trail a ways by the time I could snap the photo.

 With morning well underway, we enjoyed some great desert landscape viewing on the way back.



 Lunch at Port a Sub






 Drive back from Sand Hollow






No comments:

Post a Comment