Monday, September 2, 2013

The Drive down to see my new neice.

Broke mom's shower.  Dang!  Actually, it broke itself.  This metal thing came out of the tap and wouldn't go back in.  After that, it was like taking a shower in a strange jet stream. 




Stopped at Terrel's...

For a couple donuts.  They were excellent.

Runners heading into Manti.



The Manti Temple
Labor day flags on Main street.


A dried up lake can be seen on the right.



Gunnison's city park.





A Pioneer cabin.

















My reflection can be seen as I try to get a vertical photo.


The junction between Highway 28 and 89 is right across from the park.



Volleyball Nets!






Some kids playing on some very unusual slides.




Drive through Downtown Gunnison.




I had spilled something on my shirt while driving.  I stopped at this Maverik station in Salina to use their restroom so I could clean it off. 

Couldn't help but notice the Hotspot drive-in right next door.




I wasn't planning to get anything at first but decided it wouldn't hurt to have one of their handmade corn dogs.




Also met Onyx, the Bull Mastiff. 

His owners are from Seattle and passing through on their way to Colorado.  It was obvious they weren't locals. 
A caravan of campers came driving down the road.




This white house across the street caught me attention.

I was very tempted to know on the door and ask the people about their house.

Back on the road.











Turned off to finally visit the Cove Fort Chevron station. It could possibly be the most isolated gas station in Utah.





Turning into the station.





The local basketball court.




Outside, a Navajo girl is selling Turquoise Navajo jewelry. 



The first thing you'll notice inside the store is a very impressive taxidermy display.







Squeeky cheese!


Some off roaders seem to be stuck.


Back on the road.


Stopped in Beaver at the Flying J for a selfie.


They've got squeeky cheese here, as well.




I really needed to stop at the Cache valley cheese for another Ice cream cone.  There was a lot more people here than last time.  Labor Day was bringing them in.


Fresh Squeeky cheese for 4.19.  I finally bought me a bag. 


And a Cashew Nut ice cream cone.


Dairy Cows in a field right next to the store.

A side view of the store.



The Cache Valley cheese sign on main street that I never noticed when I was looking for it before.


The Sleepy Lagoon ghost motel in Beaver.

It closed down a few years ago as the result of a fire. I'll have to explore it a little more when I have the chance.


Back on the road.  A group of motorcycles driving behind me.

One has just passed.


Quick stop in Cedar City.



Really cool mustang parked in front of the store.

The best part of the drive was Highway 56 to Enterprise. 



Stopped to get out for a few photos.













Downtown Enterprise.

Near my sisters place.


An unconcerned dog in the middle of the road as I pull up to my sisters.



My brand new niece. :)






Sister and other niece, Kyla.

Posing for a selfie with my brother-in-law, Gabe.

Nephew, Dillon.


My brother-in-laws dog.

Sunset photo right in front of their place.  Not bad at all.

Mom came down to help out with things.

Melissa cooked chicken enchiladas for dinner. They were yummy! Notice the incredible agility as I balance the food on my knee while I take a photo.


Selfies







She is such a cute little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment