Monday, March 25, 2013

A cloudy trip down to mom's place.



It is time!....or at least it was time.  It was time for me to make another run to Las Vegas.  It's now Monday morning.  I left Saturday afternoon.  For this post, I'm going to report my Saturday leg of the trip.  Things didn't look good at first.  I walked out of Walmart at 3:00 a.m. and this is what it looked like.

The weather was not looking too good but by the time I woke up in the afternoon, the storm had subsided..  In it's wake was a cloud extravaganza.  I got some local photos before I took off.


Outside Sizzler's on 7800 South and Redwood

7800 South and Redwood

It was time to get moving.  My first leg of the trip was to my mother's.  The plan is to stay at her place for the night and leave for Las Vegas tomorrow.

The clouds past the point of the mountain were low and it looked like we were driving right into them.  This is the real high way to heaven.
Utah valley also had some good things to offer.  Mount Timpanogas is invisible behind these clouds.
There was a little excitement at the turn off.  A semi truck had flipped over on it's side.  Luckily traffic wasn't back up to much and I don't think anyone was hurt.
I-15 exit to Price


That was quite an accident.  The question is why he flipped over.  I do know that Arby's is having a sale on their roast beef sandwiches and this exist is the way to get to the Spanish Fork Arby's.  He may have just been in too much of a hurry to get to his Roast Beef Classic.

A wind farm is visible in the right.  This is the last thing you see before driving into Spanish Fork canyon
Entering Spanish Fork Canyon
The next leg trip was Highway 89 Mt Pleasant.  Two clouds I saw were noteworthy.  The first one looked  like one of the Aliens from the movie Independence Day.
The second one was even better - donut hole cloud.

I stopped outside of Fairview and got a photo of a Farm House.  This could be the best photo taken on the trip.  I love HDR mode.

This is the last photo of the trip.  Mom's house is just down the street.  I made it!



No comments:

Post a Comment