Thursday, March 28, 2013

My night walk on the strip.

I got back to my hotel at around 8:00 p.m.  I laid down and watched O'reilly Factor while I rested for an hour.  Then it was time to do a walk on the strip and see what kind of amusement I could find.  It didn't take long


The former American Idol winner, Taylor Hicks, was performing at Napoleons at the Paris.  He just wrapped up  his show and was outside meeting people and signing autographs.
.

I began walking North and ran into a little surprise when I walked by Bill's Gamblin Hall.


I was on the strip only a few months ago and everything looked fine at Bill's.  Now it's gutted.  I don't know much about Bill's except that it's a good place to take a short cut when I'm walking north and it's cold.  I'm sure it won't take long before it's back up and humming.  That's how things go in Las Vegas.  Here today, gone tomorrow and back the next.

I walked through Harrah's and spent a few minutes listening to the babes playing in the dueling piano bar.  The time on the strip was 12:30 a.m.


 Moving on to the Venetian.    I wasn't finding too much there until I walked out onto the veranda. Something was definitely going on.  They were filming. 


I didn't know what was being shot but it all seemed worthy of an investigation.  The man with the camera is pointing it at the people down below.


I snooped around for  awhile to see if I could get the info on what they were filming.

I learned that the lady in the purple sweater is the director. Here's a few photos of her directing people for the next take.



I found out from her that they were filming a commercial for Las Vegas.  She also said it would only be shown in Europe so we wouldn't even get to see it.  Bummer.

None of the people below were actors.  They were extras that were randomly pulled off the street.  It was a chance for all of them to have a good 15 minutes of fame.  By this time, it was 1:30 a.m.  I swear, this city never sleeps.  But it was getting late.  I headed back to my place and hit the hay.  In the morning I would be driving back to Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment