Monday, May 13, 2013

Dairy Freez and Craftsman lawn mowers

After playing cards in Provo, I drove down to mom's to spend a few days with her in Mount Pleasant.  This morning she had a get together planned with the daughters of the Utah pioneers.  My mom has rich pioneer heritage so she definitely qualifies for this group.  So while she was doing that, I had lunch at one of Mount Pleasant's oldest eateries, the Dairy Freeze.


The first thing they brought out was a complimentary plate of scones.


This was a very yummy bonus that I wasn't expecting.  Then, they brought out my food.  I think ordered their All-American burger.   


Kind of a plain looking burger.  I'll have to throw on the extras myself.  They do that, of course, to keep the pickles, lettuce, etc. fresh.  That's fine.  It was a very fresh tasting burger.

I didn't stay long so I'll have to come back another time to give my full review of Dairy Freez.  I'll need to find out more of the history of this place and inquire about the history of their scones.

By the time I got home for lunch, my mom was back from her own lunch with the daughters of the Utah pioneers.  She then introduced me to her state of the art Craftman's lawn mower. 


Mom had already given me a heads up that she wanted me to mow the backyard lawn when I announced that I was coming down.  Thus far in life, I've only used the push mowers so this was new for me.

I was no expert after using this mower but I can probably get by with it for now.  It was like driving an old jalopy, fully equipped with an option to choke the engine if necessary.  I had to unclog the hose several times because the grass got jammed.  I also had to remember to lower the lift lever.  I had been driving around for several minutes at one point before I realized I wasn't mowing anything because I hadn't lowered the lift lever.

So I'm not super good at it right now but I'll get the hang of it.  As a matter of fact, I'll be great at it.  I'll even surpass the skill of the most famous lawn mower of all filmdom.




Forest Gump will have nothing on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment