Monday, August 26, 2013

Meeting the Bird Lady in Liberty Park


Talked to Jed about why it is that we don't need to preboot portals anymore.

Myle Cyrus causing trouble with a very provocative number at the MTV music awards.


IBD Big Picture.

Ted Talks John Searle: Our shared condition -- consciousness


Ken Burns: Prohibition

Al Capone was a gangster who enjoyed the spotlight.
Heading to lunch at Mo Bettah's



 Is someone going on a trip or does Mo Bettah's sell luggage now?
 The luggage was owned but the lady and two sons. 
They were out of towners and sitting there waiting for their ride.  I talked to the lady but couldn't get much out of her as to how they ended up at Mo Bettah's or why they were waiting so long.


 Taking a careful over the back photo's of the strange family.


Heading to Dunkin Donuts and this lady fell down while crossing the street. 
The light turned green but we all waiting until she got up and was safely across.  A hero got out of his car and helped the lady up and the rest of the way across the road.  

 The breakfast sign across the street caught my attention.

 After buying my donuts, I walked across the street to check it out.

A quaint place.   They're open for breakfast and lunch.  They're closed right now but a Chinese lady greeted me at the door and let me have a menu.   

Got some great photo's of Big Ben while crossing the street.





Gassing up at the Shell station on 7th East and 4th South.



The next thing on the todo list was a walk through Liberty Park before work.  I usually stop on the south and and head north.  This time I went back further south.  And the reason - there was a flock of geese by the lake like I have never before seen.


 Most of the geese are congregating further down the shore.





 The geese were everywhere!







 An elderly lady sitting and feeding the birds.

She reminded me of the bird lady in Mary Poppins. 


She was better than the bird lady.  I had no toppins but she gave me some bread for free to feed the birds.

I had so much fun with those three slices of crusty bread.  Most of the geese just came up and took the bread right out of my hand.

 I'm not sure with the smaller white birds were.  The shape of their beaks indicates a bird of prey.  These birds would not eat out of my hand but they would gobble up anything thrown to them.
 Dead ahead, a goose with a strange man made tag around it's neck.





 I spent about 15 minutes feeding the birds and continued on with my planned walk around the park.
A view of the geese as I was leaving.

 At the North end of the park...

Liberty Park making it's case to patrons about cleaning up after their dogs.

The North entrance to the park.

A flag can be seen in the center of the park.  I decided to turn here and head straight towards the flag for a good patriotic photo.



A kid with a Superman shirt is also in the picture.   It turned out that he made it a great photo.


I took one more photo, not realizing who was walking to the right.  She can't bee seen well in the photo so I'll crop a larger one. 

It's the bird lady!
She was done feeding the birds and was now on her own walk through the park.  I stopped and talked to her for a few minutes.  I learned that her name is Svetana.  She is from Moscow and has lived here for 5 years.  She is a frequent visitor to the park and can often been seen feeding the birds.


A view from the other side of the lake.

 I did meet one dog only a few moments after taking that last photo. 
This is Amber.  Her owner is Sharon.  Sharon couldn't tell me the breed of Amber.  She said she was just a mutt.  

The reason why Amber is so willing to pose is because I played fetch with her.  Amber isn't a picky dog when it comes to fetch.  In fact, she was just using a small slimy rock.  It was slimy because she was slobbering all over it.  


I played fetch with Amber about 5 times.  It was a slimy but fun experience.

On to work.


 The Twilight Zone.

Took a lot of experimental photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment