Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Utah County Fair.


The start of my day.



Lunch at Applebee's 



My Santa Fe Chicken Salad.  It's not what it used to be.  It used to be served with guacamole and sour cream.  They're really cutting back on the good stuff at Applebees.   


Hot fudge shooter for desert!



On my way to the Utah County Fair.



The parking lot behind the fairgrounds.



Is this the way in to the Fair?



I think so...


Let's see what's in here..


Hmmm...I don't see anything in here.  Let's have a closer look.



I walked and closer and looked to the left...


And then I looked to the right.....


...and realized that I must not have taken the right way to the fair. 

Heading back out!


This look a lot more promising.


Yeah, I think this is the right way.  There about to have some kind of pig competition under the tent.


The food court is straight ahead.  Look like a good place to start.

Looks like a good place to get some grub.




The craziest hot dog I've ever had.




The remains of my hot dog on the concrete under where I ate.



 I got hot dog stuff on my shirt and tried to wash it off.  I hope my shirt will not be a casualty of the hot dog.


Wish I were a kid again so I could do the Wave Runners!



A psychedelic band that wears strange white masks.  They call themselves Fat Candice.

An American Idol inspired panel of judges.

An Hispanic rapper guy.  He calls himself Kemp.

The infamous Tilt-a whirl.


This tractor wasn't part of the show but I lived it.  My Grandpa used to have one just like it. 



Most memorable with the building with all the 4-H projects on display.

Ceramics.  I tried making on of these in 7th grade arts and crafts.  Unfortunately, my head didn't survive the oven.






Tomatoes!   Here's lies the most prized tomatoes in the state.

Lego Blocks.



Some of the best sunset's I've ever seen.













 I wish I had gotten the name of this band.  They featured the only female singer of the evening.






 I was late getting to the animals but I enjoyed petting this pony.  It didn't liked my flashing my camera, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment