Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bird on a wire and a flag blowing in the twilight

The Sunday drive to my uncle's was so so but the point of the mountain offered a view that was noteworthy.

Point of the mountain.

Point of the mountain.


For dinner we had fried chicken, a baked potato and macaroni and cheese with some tasty sides.

After dinner, I was getting some fresh air in the backyard and noticed a robin perched on wire.  I became somewhat fascinated with it.  I'm learning the key to getting good bird photos is not to get too close.   Then learn how to use the zoom feature and the bird might just let you capture the moment.  In this case, I was successful.  The bird let me take shots for only about a minute before it flew off but that was all that was needed.


A few other birds are seen in the background.






On the way home, I stopped at the Walkers Philip's 66 to capture the sunset.  An American flag was central to the photo.



The urbanscape was so visual, I had to capture it on video.  This is a minute long video of the American flag waving in the wind with the twilight offering the perfect background.



No comments:

Post a Comment