Saturday, May 4, 2013

Amusements at City Creek mall.

Before work, I stopped by the City Creek mall for a little walk around.  There was a young guy playing his guitar and jamming out some pretty good tunes.




I talked to him for a few moments.  His name is Steven Halliday and it is a local Utah guy.  He's got a few songs posteed on Youtube.  This song is called "Better with You".



On the west side of the mall, there was a man showing off his dog.  He is the proud owner of a big Newfoundland hound.



The perspective of the photo probably doesn't do the dog's size justice.  Notice that the dog's back is almost as high as the guys waist. A small child could almost ride saddle back on one of these dogs.




 I have seen Newfoundland hounds in pictures but this is the first time I have ever seen one up close.  I knew they were huge but it isn't until you see one up close that you realize how big they really are.

Newfoundlands can easily be confused with Saint Bernards and in fact they are related. Wikipedia describes Newfoundlands as dogs of "giant size, tremendous strength, calm dispositions, and loyalty." The guy told me I was welcome to take a photo and I was thankful for that.


What a big, beautiful dog!




No comments:

Post a Comment