Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday drive to my Uncle's

I got a call last night at around 10:30 p.m. from the guy who was coming in to relieve me at 6:00 a.m., Donald.  He wanted to know if  I preferred him to come in later so that I can make dinner with my uncle's at 5:00 a.m.  I told him that would be fine and he could come in at 7:30.  This means I don't have to come back in until 7:30 p.m. and I can make dinner with the Uncle at 5:00.

That was nice of Donald to call and make the nice offer and I was happy to accept it....although I might have been doing him a nice favor as well.  I think he was up later than usual and wanted to get a little extra shut-eye.  No problem.  The offer worked well for both of us.  So here was my drive down and back.

I wish I could have got a better shot of this cloud above the Chevron.  I just couldn't.  It  was to the North and I was heading South.  But I like it so much, I'll post what I did get of it.  


Point of the Mountain

Timpanogas




Very Nice.  And the rest of the photos are the drive back.



The American flag was waving beautifully in the stormy windy air.
I love seeing a American flag in action. The rains pour down and the fierce wind blows but the American flag remains unintimidated. It continues to wave proudly and boldly in the face of and in spite of the storm. It's as if the opposition only makes it stronger and even more glorious to behold.


A western view from the freeway.







Approaching the point of the mountain

Coming down the point of the mountain and almost home.


No comments:

Post a Comment