Saturday, May 11, 2013

Young Frankenstein the Musical and some new tres leches.

I had lunch at Sizzler and then stopped by Anaya's market to try a new slice of Tres Leches.




This slice of Tres Leches tasted similar to the first one I had except it had a chocolate coating for which this one was really suffering from the lack of it.  I thought it was a little average until I got to the tasty peaches in the center which gave it a considerable boost in flavor.  I'm giving the plain coconut white Tres Leches a B.

In the evening, I went to see Young Frankenstein the musical at the Empress Theater in Magna.



Actors utilize the top of this platform as well.



The Empress theater during the intermission.
 At half time, I really had to go outside and get some fresh air.  The theater was kind of cramped and consequently was a little warmer than usual.  I enjoy this theater but it is over a 100 years old and wasn't build with modern ventilation in mind.


The cast is outside greeting people after the show.
The musical stayed mostly true to the movie which was commendable.  For some of the music, they took some popular quotes from the movie and wrote a song around them.  "Roll in the hay" and "He was my boyfriend!" were show stoppers.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment