Friday, June 7, 2013

A Walk around Liberty Park

This evening, I enjoyed a walk around Liberty Park.  I started at the south end of the park and worked my way North.


The highlight of the walk was meeting a guy at the park and his pet dogs.  The guy likes Whippets.  I know what a Whippet is but this was the first time I have met one in person.  I think the name of this Whippet was Chester.


 "The Whippet (also English Whippet or Snap dog) is a breed of medium-sized dog. They are a sighthound breed that originated in England, where they descended from greyhounds. Whippets today still strongly resemble a smaller greyhound." (Wikipedia)


He had another Whippet that I did get a full photo of but I got a bust shot.  The second one was twice as big!  The owner explained that he was a rogue breed of Whippet that somehow became double the normal size. 

The main attraction at the park was movie night.  Dead ahead is a very large TV screen that was playing Beetlejuice.



It looked fun and I was tempted to sprawl out on the grass with everyone.  But I was a solo act that night and didn't feel like sitting alone.  Still, it might be fun to take a date to another time.  Showing movies at different parks is something the city is doing until the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment