Saturday, June 1, 2013

Chocolate Tres Leches and the Premiere of Shubert Alley

This afternoon, I stopped by Anaya's for a slice of Tres Leches.  They had a a very chocolaty Tres Leches that I have never seen before.  I thought I'd give it a try.





The first time I've ever had a slice of cake with a mustache on it.  

What immediately came to my mind after the first bite was Coco Puffs.  Yes, that is honestly what it tasted like.  Tres Leches has the same soggy that is very similar to cereal when we get to the bottom of the bowl.  Overall, this was probably too chocolaty for my Tres Leches taste but I do like Coco Puffs.  I'll give the Coco Puff Tress Leches a B - 

For my afternoon, I headed out to Lagoon to see the premiere of Shubert Alley.  This is there seasonal afternoon show that features new and old Broadway show tunes.  

On the way up North, I heard a song on the radio that I really liked.  It sounded like Josh Groban but I wasn't completely sure.  The radio guy didn't announce who it was but that was okay.  I had already pulled over to do a quick internet search on the song.  As it turns out, it was Josh Groban.  



I was worried that this was one of his older songs that I never got around to hearing until now....but that was not the case.  He only released it last December which puts me only 5 months behind.  For me, that's not bad at all.


It was a packed day and I had to park out on the grass in the North field.  When I got out of my car, there were a number of geese that was relaxing on the grass nearby.





There were also a few unusual looking cows that were in route to pasture.  They saw me standing there and were a bit suspicious of me.  The walked carefully to the edge of the trailers and then turned North.  After the turn, the really began to hightail it, probably being a little more nervous about having me out of the scope of vision.

Shubert Ally began it's third showing of the afternoon at 4:30 p.m.







The show had a good variety of music.   For the final number, they sang "All that Jazz".  I'm familiar with that one.



Most of the songs I didn't recognize.  It will be fun to track some of them down this summer.  It should be a pretty good season at Lagoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment