Monday, June 3, 2013

Daylight and Bernie Carbo

My radio song of the day is from the band Maroon 5.  The song is called Daylight.  I was only able to hear the very end of the song when I tuned into the radio but was able to find it by googling "Tonight I want to hold you so close".  Luckily, it was enough and that I was able to track it down.




"(Daylight) was released as the third single from their fourth studio album Overexposed (2012). It was written by Adam Levine, Max Martin, Sam Martin and Mason Levy, while production was handled by Levine, Levy and Martin. The song is a soft rock ballad about realizing that one has to move on from an old relationship, but not fully wanting to leave just yet." (Wikipedia)

A more recognizable song by Maroon 5 is "Misery".  I like this band though I don't know much about them.  I couldn't have even told you their name until now.

I didn't have much time to look for an exotic snack after lunch.  I slept along time this morning and didn't even get going on lunch until 4:00 p.m.  So I stopped by Walmart for one of their gourmet deserts.  I went with their rainbow blast cake.



A few weeks ago, I had their white cake and it was okay.  The rainbow cake went about the same. I'm not sure if it tasted any different except that the color was different.  Still, I like it.  B-

This evening I got very curious about Bernie Carbo.  I can't tell you why.  I just did.  Carbo is famous for his game tying, pinch home run that he hit in game six of the 1975 world series.  I've heard the story of game six many times and Carbo's home run is second only to Fisk's game winning home run that he hit in the 12th inning.

I never imagined that Bernie Carbo could have had such a difficult life.  He struggled with drug abuse his entire career.  It's probably why his career was only average.  But he found redemption.  His is a very inspiring story.





No comments:

Post a Comment