Friday, April 12, 2013

Costco, Colosimo's Sausage and a trip to the vet.

For lunch today, I went economy again, and headed over the the West Valley Costco.




After my pizza, I wasn't able to sit and work on my daily crossword puzzles as usual.  My favorite crossword app, SplashPad, wasn't working.  Rats!   So I began browsing around the store.


It's always an occasion when the sausage people show up to pass out free samples.  They had five different selections to choose from and I enjoyed trying all of them.  The only trouble I had was with the guy in the blue shirt. 


He was already there when I first showed up at the table....and boy was he feasting!  I was planning on taking the last bratwurst sample but he snatched it up first even while he was still chewing on two other pieces of sausage.  Oink!

I'm not against the guy for taking a few extra sausages.  By the end of my Costco visit, I had probably eaten more sausage than he did.  The difference is I spread out my sampling.  I try a few and then walk around the store for a bit.  I then make another pass and sample a few more.  What I'm basically saying is that it's okay to be a pig.  Just don't make it so obvious that you are one.


           Aside from that, the samples were all great.  I only had trouble with the following flavor.


I didn't notice the word "hot" right next to the word, Italian.  And it was hot!  It was even hotter than their jalapeno sausages.    It was like a Captain Kirk hot sauce moment.

Yes, it was almost this bad.


I had to leave earlier than usual.  I had an appointment with the vet at 4:15 for my cat.  So I went out to the parking lot and got a few more cloud photos....




                                And then I headed home. 



This is the same box that the West Jordan Animal shelter gave me to take my cat home when I adopted her.


I have found it to be a good thing to keep around.  My cat is not friendly to any kind of restraint and it is the best way to contain her on a trip to the vet.  I've also never seen anyone bring a cat into this clinic.  I only see dogs coming in for treatment.  With that in mind, beth is far better off going to the clinic amidst walls of protection.

One of the first dogs I noticed with this Great Dane curiously looking to the back of the clinic.  At first, I thought it was a Saint Bernard.  They can be easily confused for a Great Dane.  My bad.



                                A miniature schnauzer.  I'm pretty sure on that one.


Beth wasn't too keen during the doctor visit.  She never is. I had to hold her down while we were waiting for the doctor to return.  She did not want to be here.  She has a sore on her head that has gotten infected.  I'm not going to show it here because it's too gross but it has got me worried.  The doctor cleaned up the infected area and gave me some antibiotic which I will have to administer by force feeding.  Beth is really going to like that....


While waiting for my checkout I  got a little acquainted with the owners of this little pooch.  I asked them if it was a basset hound....wrong again.   It's a beagle.  First, I miscall the great Dane and then I confuse Snoopy with a basset hound.




I would argue that basset hounds and beagles look similar.  Here's a basset hound to prove that my confusion was somewhat understandable.


As you can see, there are all kinds of similarities.  And I would also argue that Snoopy is the dog we all associate with beagles but Snoopy happens to be a black and white beagle which is not a common breed. I was having a hard time even finding one on the internet.  But I did find a few.  Here's a nice looking Snoopy kind of a beagle.


What a cute little Snoopy dog. :)


Okay, enough rationalizing  on my mistake.  Wrong is wrong and I was most definitely wrong on the beagle and the Great Dane.  I'm hoping my rationalizing rant will help me remember better next time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment