Friday, April 26, 2013

Heading to Saint George

I'm outta here!  After a week of work, I'm ready for a really nice break.  I called my friend in Saint George and he told me I had a place to sleep.  His mother lives close to him.  She has some spare beds and she was kind enough to accommodate me.  So I'm off to southern Utah for a southern Utah adventure.

Before heading out, I stopped at the Village Baker for a pre-flight snack.


I picked up a slice of their chocolate cake.



They have a lot of good stuff at the Village Baker.  I just wish they had somewhere to sit in that place.  First of all, I could do some crosswords while I eat my cake.  Second, I'd have a much easier time getting a photo of my food if I'm sitting at a table rather than in my car.  The first photo was okay but I thought I should try giving the cake more solitude.  To produce that effect, I balanced it on my knee.


Not much better.  I probably need to take the shot while I'm in the bakery right after I buy my snack.

Anyway, at least I enjoyed the chocolate cake.  It was a Bill Cosby breakfast special.  I then set out for Saint George with plenty of stops planned along the way.

I'm only posting these two photo's of the freeway landscape.


 



The sky's were clear blue and cloudless all the way way down.   There was much to see at all.  That's okay.  I had plenty of other activities on the menu.  I've driven by Fillmore many times but have never known much about it.   It was time for me to take a really close look at this city.  But not just look at Fillmore.  I needed to experience it.


No comments:

Post a Comment