Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Taste of Red Iguana and and a look at the Microsoft store.

Not much sun out today.  I decided to head downtown again and have lunch at City Creek Center.  I saw something yesterday at the Red Iguana that caught me eye. It looked tasty and thought I'd give it a try today.


It's actually "Taste of" Red Iguana.  It's the fast food version of the popular Mexican restaurant in town which is just called The Red Iguana.  And I haven't even been to the original restaurant yet.  What caught me eye yesterday was their humongous nachos.




As you can see, the tin plate is almost as big as the tray I brought it out on.  It was a feast to be sure.  The question was if I could actually eat all those nachos.  Has Evan Finally met his match?....Nope!  Of course I finished it.

I stopped at the JSM and listened to this lady playing the piano. 

Unfortunately, she was almost done when I arrived.  I asked her about her job.  She plays at the JSM once a month and has been doing this for years.  She enjoys doing it.   The practice keeps her skill honed.
.
I also had a look at the new Microsoft store at City Creek.



A top of the line tablet installed with Windows 8


I liked it and business was going well when I walked in.  It looked just like an Apple Store...except it was a Microsoft store.   One thing is certain about Microsoft.  They are firm believers in the "adapt or die" philosophy and the do practice it.  And to their credit, they usually do okay at it.

I then walked around temple square again and took some more flag photos.  They were all half mast today in respect of the victims of yesterday's terror attack.










The Thomas Joseph daily crossword puzzle had one of the best clues I've ever seen on 28 down.  The clue is shown in the top left corner and the answer is highlighted on the grid.  


I could possibly be the only one who wasn't stumped on it.  I served and LDS mission in South Africa and drank plenty of rooibos tea during my stay.  We didn't call it red tea, although it is red and rooibos literally means "red bush tea".  Mormon's are known for not being tea drinkers but we can drink herbal tea.  Rooibos is an herbal tea so it qualifies.
 

A cup of rooibos tea.
It's strange but when I looked at this photo on line, for a few moments, I could literally smell hot rooibos tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment