Monday, April 29, 2013

Roberto's Taco shop

The very last amusment of my trip was to stop at Roberto's taco shop in Beaver.



Roberto's is part of the Flying J struck stop in Beaver.  Years ago, it used to be a Piccadilly's circus pizza.  Those were the good old days.  I used to like stopping there on my trips to Las Vegas and pick up a small personal pizza for the road.  But I have not tried Roberto's since it took over.  I have wondered if it is an it might be another incantation of Beto's but as it turns out, Roberto's is it's own national restaurant chain, though very similar to Beto's.   The menu is similar and most of their restaurants are open 24 hours just like Beto's.   Roberto's has only a small presence in Utah.  There's one in Beaver and another in Saint George.   I ordered the Carne Asada burrito.





I was shocked when I opened the lid.  The food looked fine but they use those darn plate ridges to separate the food.  Why!!!  I like mixing my beans, rice and burrito all together when I eat Mexican food.  I think most people eat Mexican with the same philosophy.  And now they have complicated my standard procedure by using the wrong kind of Styrofoam tray.

Besides that, no complaints.  It was a good burrito and it was only 6.25$ for this whole plate which is very reasonably priced.      




This is the menu that is on display on the outside of the building.  I had a closer look at it on the way out.  I hadn't noticed that they offered some American food along with all their tremendous Mexican food menu.  I'll really have to try that double cheeseburger next time I'm driving through.    

No comments:

Post a Comment