Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mo' Bettah's and a trip to the Capitol

The day for me started with this photo taken at around 4:30 a.m.



It was snowing like crazy.   But that is a good thing for me, assuming things clear up a little by morning.  This usually means a good day for clouds.  And it was!  I slept considerably on this day and when I headed out for lunch, it was around 4:00 p.m.  So this was probably more like an early dinner than a lunch.  I don't know how things looked earlier but this was an excellent time for driving.









For chow, I went Hawaiian at Mo' Bettah's


t




I had a look at their application notice and their notice to parents about their kids.  Pretty funny.



Next stop was the state Capitol.  I haven't taken photos up there before.   I found that the timing of the day is important.  There wasn't much up there to block the clouds and that was nice but getting close to dawn, there was nothing blocking the sun, either.  Most of the clouds to the west I could not get because of the sun.  But looking to the East I was fine.

The next three photos are the monument dedicated to the Mormon Battalion.





This next one was probably my best photo of the day.  I was standing close to the Capitol building and was able to hide behind a pole to block the sun out.  As a result, I was able to get an excellent photo.







I did take a few photos of the Capitol itself but they weren't very good.  That is one big old building and it's not easy to get the whole thing in one photo with the room provided.  I'll get a better one next time.


Walking around City Creek mall, I found a parking receipt that was dropped by a very unlucky patron.


I turned it in at the customer service desk there and hopefully the person who dropped it will be able to retrieve it.  Some places will charge a small fortune if this ticket is lost.  And at City Creek, I don't think you can even get out of the parking garage without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment